CleanMyMac X ReviewREVIEWS
CleanMyMac is a Mac cleaner with a range of features to maintain your Mac, and MacPaw has designed it to enhance iOS and improve performance.
There are apps for hard drive management, an uninstaller, web browsing history and cookies, a wizard to clean up unused applications, and a file shredder for permanent deletion of files, make taking care of your Mac easy.
You can try it for free, but is it really something you can’t live without?
Modern software has a tendency to leave temporary data scattered everywhere, and much of it can hold personal information. With CleanMyMac, files are removed when they are no longer needed instead of hanging around for years.
It will perform a check of your files in the background so unnecessary files that contain personal info are never left lying around.
We’ll also learn more about how to use an array of privacy related functions below.
Smart Cleanup checks your computer to find all of the possible issues and correct them as easily as possible.
Over the long term, this is the feature you would like to use the most often because it allows you to optimize resource usage with minimal effort.
Maintenance to Optimize Storage
MacPaw’s design helps you find and remove specific file types that are wasting space as it scans everything, getting rid of trash which usually goes unnoticed.
- System – Tools easily handle the removal of binaries, language packs, as well as temporary cache to free up storage. This makes it easy to recover more on your MacBook Pro than would be expected.
- Photos – Anyone who has used their Mac’s photo library will have junk accumulating, which can be considerable. Review user feature settings to delete items which don’t effect anything in the picture service, including cached thumbnails.
- Mail Attachments – If you are using the program Outlook, your computer will constantly get attachments in messages like images, company logos, documents, etc.
- iTunes – Broken downloads, phone backups, new software updates, etc. are all stored automatically. Each version is responsible for a ridiculous amount on your hard drive. CleanMyMac reviews these to help decide what’s best to do.
- Trash Bins – Most people are unaware that Macs actually maintain multiple bins for different drives. CleanMyMac empties everything iOS has scattered around all at once.
- Large & Old Files – The older your Mac is, the more likely you have old and forgotten files. The largest and oldest is scanned to recover lost gigabytes.
You have a robust set of new tools to let you manage programs, cookie policies, add-ons, and learn more about your Mac.
These are laid out in a user-friendly and intuitive way, making them user friendly while not losing the power and functionality you would expect from a good Mac app.
- Malware Detection – CleanMyMac X can now be used to detect and clean up malware on your Mac apps.
- Uninstaller – A management interface to fully remove an app in one click, integrated into SetApp. MacPaw’s cleaner will find folders, permissions, and registry entries simple manual deletion or an automated uninstall does not clear.
- Maintenance – Scan for errors and resolve them to improve health. The menu includes checking Disk Utility functions, application errors, and will run a check for issues with indexes.
- Privacy – Cookies, contact lists, as well as other items accumulate over time, and can take a lot of space. Most users end up storing a lot of things they never use and won’t ever need again. Security is improved by cleaning browser cookie info, forms, and other digital information. It even removes tracking logs left over after Messenger or Skype chats, which is good.
- Extensions – Browsers add-ons, widgets, Mac OS X apps, dictionaries, login items, etc., gradually slow down the MacOS. MacPaw offers wizards to help manage features to improve startup speed, increase available storage, and also reduce memory (RAM) and CPU usage.
- Shredder – Everyone has sensitive things they don’t want falling into the wrong hands, for whatever reasons. These are permanently deleted in a way that is safe and cannot be recovered.
Bottom Line – It’s The Little Things
There are a lot of small, but well thought out, details which set it apart from any other Mac app. System health and tuning can be handled automatically, and it’s one of those quiet but powerful things making the everyday use of my Mac just a little bit faster and more pleasant.
It’s easy to notice how much it has been cleaning when you are on the big flashy screens saying how you recovered 5 GB or 10% of your computer’s available memory. Never having it collect in the first place is far better.
A New Upgrade For Mac
Version 3 of the app did a good job recovering wasted space, freeing up resources, and removing the massive amounts of unused junk that modern software seems to leave littering your desktop, and MacPaw seems to have improved on that.
One of the best examples of this is when it scrubs iTunes. Before reviewing CleanMyMac, I had no idea that it left so much junk scattered all over my computer. Before this turns in to a rant about that, the reason that made an impression on me is that it demonstrates the level of thought put into this software. It is thorough.
For many people, usability is just as important as being thorough. CleanMyMac does an excellent job of keeping a consistent and clear user interface while not compromising features.
You can try a free download of CleanMyMac to see if it is right for you.