A Review of the Mobee Magic BarGadgets & Gizmos
A Review of the Mobee Magic Bar
If you’re looking for an alternative to batteries in your Apple wireless keyboard then the Mobee Magic Bar not only does the trick, it also looks cool. The Magic Bar is essentially an inductively charged wireless battery that fits into the battery space on a 2-AA battery keyboard and allows you to use the keyboard wirelessly. When the battery requires a charge, all you have to do is set your keyboard on the charger. No taking batteries out, no recharging them, and you can use the keyboard while it’s charging. The Mobee Magic Bar also works for the Magic Trackpad, and if you have one charging station, then you can use both with the same charger so long as you purchase an extra battery.
Pros of the Mobee Magic Bar
The Mobee Magic Bar has a lot of pros, especially if you’re a big fan of Apple design. The technology itself is same-form factor so you won’t be adding in a white or black gadget to your collection of Apple stuff. The Mobee matches pretty well with Apple colors, so you won’t have to worry about that. it’s also almost the same color as the keyboard, so it doesn’t stand out too much.
- The Mobee Magic Bar is eco-friendly
- You won’t ever have to throw away batteries again
- The charge lasts for a long time
- Inductive Charging is cool!
- You can use it on more than one Apple peripheral
- It’s more convenient than taking out rechargeable batteries
- It takes less than two minutes to set up.
Cons of the Mobee Magic Bar
There are also a couple of cons to the Mobee Magic Bar:
- The charger sticks out past the end of the keyboard so you will notice it.
- The charging cable for the charger itself is ugly and not great quality
- The battery pack isn’t great quality and some may find that it will split after a year or two of use.
- Some of the battery packs don’t work and you will have to return it for a new one.
Is the Mobee Magic Bar Worth Buying?
While the Mobee Magic Bar does have its cons, it’s still a very cool gadget. If you’re looking for a way around batteries but still want to keep your Apple Wireless Keyboard, then the Mobee is a great option. In fact, you can also choose the Mobee Magic Charger for your Magic Mouse if you’re running through batteries on that as well. The charging process is quite similar for that as well. Essentially, if you want a wireless, battery free charger, then you might as well try it out. Plus, if you’re used to using single charge batteries, then you will definitely notice that you’re saving money.
Prices for the Mobee Magic Bar do vary greatly depending on where you look. If you shop on Amazon, you can often find it for prices as low as $11.75 to $25, if you buy it from Mobee.com then you can expect to pay around $39.99 plus shipping. However, if you purchase your Magic Bar from Mobee.com then you get the warranty, whereas if you purchase it from Amazon you do not. However, on a personal note, I think that for $39.99, you would be better off choosing a pack of rechargeable batteries. For $20 or less, it’s a great idea. Want to try one out?